To implement distance learning technologies at the University there is a learning management system (Distance Learning System, DLS); it is based on Moodle, where students can access learning materials and feedback with teachers.
The main purposes of applying the Distance Learning System at the University are:
– to create opportunities for quality educational services to meet the modern requirements of national and international standards employing modern information and communication technologies;
– to involve effectively the variety of IT means in the educational process;
- to develop students ' motivation to learning, continuous self-education via modern information and communication technologies;
- to develop information and communication media of the University;
- to provide the learners with the opportunity to master the educational program directly at the place of residence;
- to provide the network interaction of the educational process participants;
- to ensure a high level training of students, to enable the University graduates to undertake full and effective participation in social, public and professional spheres in the modern IT society;
- to provide educational services in the most convenient mode;
- to create a unified educational area for students;
- to increase the efficiency of students independent work;
- to promote the use of the University scientific, methodological and technical potential;
– to introduce modern innovative technologies into the professional activity of the University teaching staff.
At the University the Distance Learning System (DLS) can be used when conducting different types of lessons for students of all forms of education at I and II degrees, for applicants, for the students at the affiliates and students at the Institute of training and retraining. The implementation degree of the DLS educational technology in the learning process is determined by the Department and the teacher of the specific discipline.
User registration in the system of Distant Learning System is conducted at the distance learning sector at the Department of education and methods of teaching (email@example.com , office 510a, building 3a, tel. +37517 327-03-83).
To register for the short-term courses in the DLS at the University it is necessary complete an application form. When the groups are formed the Department will be invited to participate in the courses.
Distant Learning Sector
Head of the Sector Alexander Bolvako
- office 510a, building 3a
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The Distance Learning Sector at the Department of education and methods of teaching is created to introduce distance learning technologies in the teaching process at the BSTU.
The aims of the Sector are:
• organization of introducing distance learning technologies into the educational process;
• involvement of the University teaching staff in distance education, providing methodological assistance;
• organization and management of educational process, providing students the opportunity for independent study on the chosen educational programs;
• training and document support of the learning process;
• Distance Learning System administrating at the University.