The Date of Foundation
Structure of the Faculty
11 Departments (general educational departments – 4; graduating departments – 8):
- Testing Center for Environmental Control;
- Applied Research Laboratory of Glass and Glass-Type Materials;
- Applied Research Laboratory of Phosphate-Bearing aw materials processing;
- Applied Research Laboratory of autoclaved aerated concrete.
Affiliates of the Faculty Departments:
- Joint Stock Company “Keramin” (Glass and Ceramics Technology Department);
- Joint Stock Company “Gomelglass” (Glass and Ceramics Technology Department);
- Joint Stock Company “Minsk Production Association of Computer Technology” (Department of Chemistry, Technology of Electrochemical Productions and Materials of Electronic Engineering);
- Joint Stock Company “Minsk Plant of Building Materials” (Department of Machines and Apparatuses of Chemical and Silicate Production);
- Joint Stock Company “GrodnoAzot” (Department of Inorganic Materials Technology and General Chemical Technology);
- SE "Institute NIISM" and Joint Stock Company “Belarusian Cement Plant” (Department of Chemical Technology of Binding Materials).
Student Research Laboratories:
- SRL “Chemistry and technology of silicates”;
- SRL “Ozone”;
- SRL “Ecotechnology”;
- SRL “Technology of Inorganic Substances”;
- SRL “Inorganic Binders and Composite Materials”;
- SRL “Technology of Disintegration and Purification of Gases”.
|The Number of Teaching Staff
129 teachers, including 15 D.Sc. and 95 PhD holders.
|The Number of Students
1071 students, 40 master students, and 19 graduate students from the Republic of Belarus, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Lithuania, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Iran and others.
|Graduate Programs (Majors)
1-36 01 08 "Design and Production of Goods from Composite Materials";
1-36 07 01 "Machines and Apparatus for Chemical Production and Building Materials Enterprises";
1-53 01 01 "Automation of Technological Processes and Production";
1-48 01 01 "Chemical Technology of Inorganic Substances, Materials and Goods";
1-48 01 04 "Technology of Electrochemical Production";
1-57 01 01 "Environmental Protection and Rational Utilization of Natural Resources";
1-36 07 02 "3D Product Manufacturing".
|Master's Degree Programs
1-33 80 02 "Geoecology";
1-36 80 06 "Machines, Aggregates and Processes" (by industry);
1-36 80 07 "Processes and Apparatus of Chemical Technologies";
1-41 80 02 "Technology and Equipment for Production of Semiconductors, Materials and Electronic Devices";
1-48 80 01 "Technology of Inorganic Substances";
1-48 80 02 "Technology of Silicate and Refractory Nonmetallic Materials";
1-48 80 06 "Technology of Electrochemical Processes and Corrosion Protection";
1-53 80 01 "Automation and Control of Technological Processes and Industries" (by industry).
01.04.02 "Theoretical Physics";
02.00.01 "Inorganic Chemistry";
02.00.04 "Physical Chemistry";
02.00.21 "Chemistry of Solids";
05.02.13 "Machines, Aggregates and Processes" (by industry);
05.13.06 "Automation and Control of Technological Processes and Production";
05.17.01 "Inorganic Substances Technology";
05.17.11 "Technology of Silicate and Refractory Non-Metal Materials";
05.17.06 "Technology and Processing of Polymers and Composites";
|Main Directions of Scientific Research
Today, the scholars of the faculty carry out research in the most important and prior trends, i.e. nanomaterials and nanotechnologies; resource-, energy-saving and environmentally friendly technologies; technology of electrochemical production; materials of electronic engineering; optical fibers, glass and ceramics; chemical current sources; ferromagnetic and ferroelectric materials; high-temperature superconductors; mechanics and technology of disperse and composite materials; mechanics of consistent media, statistical mechanics and thermodynamics of equilibrium and non-equilibrium processes; synthesis of inorganic substances; mineral fertilizers, inorganic salts, acids, pigments and fillers; electroplating and galvanic-chemical coatings; binders and binder-based building materials; dental materials; industrial ecology and environmental monitoring; machines and apparatus of chemical-engineering processes; means of manufacturing processes automation.
Joint research with similar educational institutions of the CIS and foreign countries is carried out at the faculty: D. Mendeleyev University of Chemical Technology of Russia (Russia); Russian State University of Oil and Gas named after I. M. Gubkin (Russia); Moscow State University of Environmental Engineering (Russia); Moscow State University of Industrial Ecology (Russia); St. Petersburg Technological University (Russia); Dnepropetrovsk Chemical-Technological University (Ukraine); Voronezh State University of Engineering Technology (Russia); Institute of Organic Synthesis, Ural branch of RAS (Russia); Max Planck Biophysical Chemistry Institute (Germany); Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece); Nant Institute of Cybernetics (France); Bialystok University of Technology (Poland) and University of Montpellier-2 (France); Universities of Hannover, Kaiserslauten and Erlangen (Germany); Manchester University UMIST (UK); Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Lithuania), Royal University of Technology (Sweden), Norwegian University of Life Sciences (Norway), Comenius University (Slovakia), Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Poland); South Kazakhstan State University named after M. O. Auezov (Kazakhstan); National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (Ukraine); Ukrainian State Chemical and Technological University (Ukraine); and National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” (Ukraine).