The Department cooperates with all leading Universities of Russia, Ukraine, Poland and educational scientific centres of other foreign countries in the field of ecology. Together with other Universities of Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary the scholars of the department participate in the international project of Tempus program.
- programs for bachelors-specialists have been analyzed and updated; new courses have been prepared and improved, training of faculty and students has been conducted;
- a curriculum for the Master’s Degree "Environmental Management" was developed; A textbook “Forest Management” was published; The representatives of the department took part in the meetings of the consortium of project partners and were trained at partner universities;
- the project contributed to the establishment and development of international interuniversity cooperation, including the signing of memorandums on further cooperation in the field of bachelor / specialist training; Students of the 2 nd stage / masters and post-graduate students;
- the material and technical base of the Department of Industrial Ecology was updated, software was purchased to calculate the dispersion of pollutants in the ambient air and to evaluate the life cycle (SimaPro 7.2 Analyst).
- Central Scientific Research Institute for the Integrated Use of Water Resources, Minsk (Belarus);
- Public organization "Ecoproject", Minsk region (Belarus);
- Independent Ecological Chamber of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, Krasnoyarsk (Russia);
-Institute of the Ecology of Carpathian Studies, Lvov (Ukraine);
- International State Environmental University of Sakharov (Belarus);
- IWAM, University of Amsterdam, (The Netherlands);
- Belarusian-Russian University, Mogilev (Belarus);
- Kharkov State Academy of Municipal Management, Kharkov (Ukraine);
- Central European University, Budapest (Hungary);
- Median, Valdorex (Spain);
- Odessa State Ecological University, Odessa (Ukraine);
- Pskov State Pedagogical University, Pskov (Russia);
- Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk (Russia);
- Main Higher School of Agriculture, Warsaw (Poland);
- University of Klagenfurt, Vienna (Austria);
- Comenius University in Bratislava, Bratislava (Slovakia);
The Department cooperates with the Universities of Ukraine, Norway, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan in Water Harmony Project financed by the Norwegian side. The scholars of the department take an active part in organizing and conducting on the basis of BSTU international scientific and technical conferences on topics related to the protection of the environment.
Predicted results of Joint Norwegian-Euro-Asian programme “Water Harmony”:
1. Selected parts of existing curricula are improved and coordinated (indicators: the revised and improved content of the curriculum is included in curricula and used);
2. Comprehensive training materials for an improved and perfected curriculum are developed (indicators: presentations, abstracts, chapters of textbooks are fully translated, prepared and disseminated in English, Norwegian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Tajik and Kazakh);
3. New textbooks are used (indicators: at least 100 copies of textbooks are created and distributed to each partner in their own languages);
4. Laboratory work in chemical processing is developed and included in the curriculum (indicator: each of the partners received an automated version of unit testing for chemical treatment and for drinking and waste water, and training);
5. Eurasian partners developed skills and used to their destination the improved audio-visual tools and electronic resources for distance learning (indicators: Partners provide secure access to necessary equipment and facilities and conduct at least 3 video-meetings per project per year and training materials are available through Electronic portal resource);
6. Common elements of quality assurance systems are developed and used by partners (indicators: leadership and product evaluation);
7. Eurasian students receive experience of training from UMB and contribute to the development and improvement of the quality of teaching on project modules (indicators: at least 66 students participate in specialized courses in UMB for 3 years, and also make assessment reports);
8. The general module of e-learning is developed for three subject areas and is made available for each partner, both for training ordinary students and graduate students. (Indicators: open access to the e-learning platform and modules);
9. Training for teachers / lecturers is conducted in three modules and is used to evaluate and further develop modules (indicators: 6 training seminars for teachers are conducted);
10. Quality and scientific content of the Master's and PhD studies, research and information dissemination (indicators: UMB participates in at least 6 defences of candidate and master's works at the universities of Eurasian partners, at least 10 joint scientific publications, at least 3 scientific committees of international conferences organized by Eurasian partners);
11. Reliable and transparent project management: (indicators: more than 4 major project meetings (> 25 participants, 3 days) and more than 6 major group meetings (> 12 participants, 2 days) annual progress reports and financial reports, are published on the project website).
· Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB);
· Ukrainian State University Of Chemical Engineering;
· National Technical University of Ukraine Kiev Polytechnic Institute
· Cherkasy State Technological University;
· National University of Water Management and Natural Resources Use;
· Mining metallurgical Institute of Tajikistan.