The Date of Foundation
|Structure of the Faculty
9 Departments (general educational departments – 4; graduating departments – 5):
Research and Development Laboratories (R&D Laboratories):
- R&D laboratory for petrochemistry of double subordination with SSI “Institute of Chemistry of New Materials of the NAS of Belarus”;
- R&D laboratory for stabilization of plastics, rubber and fibres of double subordination with RI for physical-chemical problems of BSU;
- R&D laboratory for wood chemistry of double subordination with SSI “Institute of Chemistry of New Materials of the NAS of Belarus”;
- R&D laboratory for molecular and biological research;
- Applied R&D High-Tech laboratory for pulp-and-paper and wood chemical industries and boards and plastics production;
- R&D laboratory for bioengineering, chemical and mechanochemical treatment and processing of plant biomass;
- R&D laboratory for the development of nanofibre production technologies.
Educational Laboratories and Centres:
- Management systems consulting centre;
- Educational and research centre for plant biotechnology (of double subordination with SSI “Central Botanical Garden of the NAS of Belarus”);
- Laboratory for polymer materials testing;
- R&D and technological laboratory of double subordination with SE “Institute of Oil and Chemistry”;
- Laboratory for structural, electrokinetic and physico-mechanical testing of pulp, paper and cardboard;
- Scientific applied laboratory for tire production.
Branches of the Faculty Departments:
- RUE “Belmedpreparaty” (the city of Minsk);
- OJSC “Belshina”.
|The Number of Teaching Staff
||more than 130, including 1 Corresponding Member of the NAS of Belarus, 14 D.Sc., Professors, 73 PhD assistant professors.
|The Number of Students
about 1500 students, 20 master’s degree students, 31 PhD students, 4 applicants for a degree.
For the first time the training of chemists started in 1960 on the specialty "Chemical technology of wood" at the Faculty of Mechanical Wood Technology.
In 1961, simultaneously with the reorganization of the Belorussian Forestry Engineering Institute into the Belorussian Technological Institute, the Chemical and Technological Faculty was established
The rapid development of the faculty required the formation of new special and general educational departments.
In 1964 graduating departments were established: Chemical Processing of Wood, Inorganic Substances Technology, Plastics Processing Technology. At the same time, further reorganization of the general educational chemical departments took place. The departments of Organic Chemistry, General and Inorganic Chemistry, Physical and Colloid Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry were founded.
In 1965 the Department of Processes and Apparatuses of Chemical Production was established. In 1966 the Department of Machines and Apparatus for Chemical Production emerged from it. Then the Department of Oil and Processing Technology was established.
Thus, in the first years of its existence, the chemical-technological faculty developed very quickly and by 1968 almost 2,000 students had already studied there. Therefore, this year the faculty was divided into Organic Substances Technology Faculty and Chemical Technology and Engineering Faculty.
|Graduate Programs (Majors)
“Chemical Technology of Organic Substances, Materials and Goods” (minors: “Technology of Basic Organic and Petrochemical Synthesis”, “Technology of Paint-Work Materials”, “Technology of Plastic Mixtures”, “Technology of Elastomers Processing”, “Technology of Plastics Processing”, “Technology of Chemical Fibres”, “Technology of Surface-Active Materials and Synthetic Detergents”, “Design of Articles from Polymers and Moulding Tools”).
“Chemical Technology of Wood Processing” (minors: “Technology of Pulp and Paper Production”, “Technology of Wallboards and Plastics”, “Technology of Wood Chemistry Production”, “Technology of Hydrolysis and Microbiological Production”).
“Biotechnology” (minors: “Biotechnology of Energy Carriers”, “Technology of Enzymes, Vitamins and Fermentation Products”, “Technology of Fats, Essential Oils, Perfume and Cosmetics”).
“Technology of Medicinal Drugs” (minors: “Industrial Technology of Medicinal Drugs”, “Fine Organic Synthesis”).
“Physical-Chemical Methods and Devices for Products Quality Control” (minors: “Industrial Products Certification”, “Foodstuffs Certification”, “Pharmaceuticals Certification”).
|Master's Degree Programs
1-33 80 01 "Ecology";
1-38 80 06 "Instruments and Methods for Monitoring of the Environment, Substances, Materials and Products";
1-48 80 03 "Technology of Organic Substances";
1-48 80 04 "Polymers and Composites Technology and Processing";
1-48 80 05 "Chemical Technology of Fuels and High-Energy Substances";
1-48 80 07 "Technology and Equipment for Wood Biomass Chemical Processing, Wood Chemistry";
1-48 80 08 "Biotechnology";
1-48 80 09 "Technology of Fats, Essential Oils, Perfume and Cosmetics".
02.00.06 "High-Molecular Compounds";
03.01.06 "Biotechnology" (including Bionanotechnology);
05.11.13 "Machines and Methods for control of Environment, Substances, Materials";
05.16.09 "Material Science";
05.17.04 "Organic Substances Technology";
05.17.06 "Technology and Processing of Polymers and Composites";
05.21.03 "Technology and Machinery for Chemical Processing of Wood Biomass; Wood Chemistry".
|Main Directions of Scientific Research
- Development of scientific bases for the synthesis of high-molecular chemical compounds, technologies for the production and processing of synthetic, natural and biopolymer materials, phyto- and enzyme preparations, medicines and wood raw materials.
- Practical application of physical and chemical methods for analysis of properties and quality control of substances and products of chemical, pharmaceutical, food and other industries.
- New methods for obtaining, researching and modifying nanostructured systems. Industrial safety insurance.