Director – Sergey Pishchov, PhD (Engineering), assistant professor
Contact: tel./fax: +375 17 327 06 91
In compliance with the life-long learning principles, the Institute provides retraining and professional development programs as well as short-term courses for those professionals who want to be competitive in the modern labour market and deal with the current challenges of the industry involved.
The activities of the Institute are carried out along the following three lines:
- retraining programs for managerial personnel and professionals;
- professional development courses for managerial personnel and professionals;
- customized professional development courses.
Retraining Programs (extramural attendance):
- Chemical Technology of Inorganic Substances, Materials and Goods
- Chemical Technology of Binders and Binder-Based Building Materials
- Technology of Elastomers Processing
- Forest Science and Silviculture
- Hunting Control and Accessory Utilization of Forest Resources
- Mechanical Technology of Wood and Manufacture of Wooden Building Products
- Health and Safety in Forestry and Wooden Articles Manufacture
- Technology of Furniture Production
- Design of Furniture and Interior
- Labour Economics
Term of study ranges from 19 to 24 months depending on the program chosen.
Professional Development Courses (full-time attendance)
- Modern Landscaping
- Trade Management in Building Companies
- HACCP-based Safety Management
- Modern Technology of Monomers Production
- Modern Technology of Polyamide-based Articles
- Modern Techniques for Elastomer Compounds Analysis
- Tire Production
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Building Materials Production
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Current Challenges in Modern Economy and Statistics
- Furniture Design
- Automation of Technology and Production
The short-term courses run for 1-2 weeks depending on the program chosen.
Customized Professional Development Courses (full-time attendance)
- Industrial Management
- Engineering Equipment
- Power Engineering
- Forest Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Printing Industry
- Quality Assurance
- Environmental Protection
- Agriculture and Forestry
The short-term courses run for 1-2 weeks depending on the program chosen. The courses can be tailor-made to meet the customer’s requirements as well as organized at customer company’s premises.
The Institute implements retraining, professional development and training of specialists in forestry and landscape construction, chemical, printing, pharmaceutical industries, building materials industry, housing and utilities. The University teaching staff maintains close links with leading enterprises (including international ones), carries out extensive research. For successful training of employees of different branches of industry the Institute invites leading specialists of ministries and national corporations, foreign experts.
The Institute offers forestry specialists training in the following fields: “Forest Science and Silviculture”, “Forestry”, “Hunting Control and Accessory Utilization of Forest Resources”, “Mechanical Technology of Wood and Manufacture of Wooden Building Products”, “Health and Safety in Forestry and Wooden Articles Manufacture”, and “Labor Economics”. These programs are offered for retraining by the order of the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus. The University maintains close long-lasting collaboration with the Ministry in the field of professional training and research.
Specialists in chemical industry and building materials industry are offered opportunity of retraining in the following fields: “Chemical Technology of Inorganic Substances, Materials and Goods”, “Chemical Technology of Binders and Binder-Based Building Materials”, “Technology of Elastomers Processing”, and "Labor Economics". These programs are offered for retraining of engineering staff of such enterprises as JSC “Belaruskali”, JSC “Grodno Azot”, JSC “Gomel chemical plant”, JSC “Mogilevkhimvolokno” OJSC “Belshina”, JSC “Keramin”, etc.
Training of highly qualified designers and technologists for furniture production is done through the following programs: “Technology of Furniture Production”, “Design of Furniture and Interior”. The courses introduce modern software for furniture design and testing, as well as the most stylish and attractive furniture and interior designs of domestic and foreign manufacturers.
The Institute provides ample opportunities for its students; they can take advantage of research laboratories, classrooms equipped with modern facilities, reading rooms, library and computer classrooms. The retraining programs encourage the students to adopt new techniques and technology, to analyze and study problems of enterprise management under modern conditions, occupational health and safety, environmental issues, economics and law.
The Institute teaching staff apply modern methods of modular and distance learning using information technology, electronic teaching materials and manuals, which enable graduates to succeed in their professional activity and to become highly skilled and competitive managers and professionals.