The main scientific investigations conducted within the framework of the scientific direction:
- Technology of dolomite magnesia cement, dolomitic lime, magnesium sulphate, gypsum and synthetic gypsum binders, light and magnesia, refractory concretes, non-autoclaved aerated concrete;
- Obtaining of gypsum binders from phosphogypsum and cement setting regulators;
- Technology of dental materials (dental cements, glass-ceramic materials);
- Technology of hydrated silicate powders (powder liquid glasses) and materials based on them
(silicate paints, heat-insulating materials);
- Technology of high strength porous concrete of reduced density;
- Technology of mineral expanding additives for concretes and solutions with compensated shrinkage and self-stress;
- Chemistry and technology of phosphate binders and materials based on them;
- Technology of chemical additives for modifying concrete and reinforced concrete.
- The monograph "Chemistry and chemical technology metaphosphates" (authors Kuzmenkov MI, Plyshevskiy SV et al.), and "Physical-chemical basis of the use of alunite" (authors Kunitsky TS, Akhmedov A B., Glekel F. L.) were published on the basis of this research results.
More than 250 articles have been published In foreign and domestic journals, more than 130 copyright certificates and patents for inventions have been received.
The most important scientific and technical developments being performed at the department:
- technology of chemical additives for modifying concrete Technology for the production of crystalline magnesium hexafluorosilicate (TU 100354659.460-2006 RB) and impregnating composition (flyuata) “CIFTA” (TU RB 100354659.058-2005) on its basis for treatment of the surface and volume of concrete and reinforced concrete products have been developed. The impregnating compound “Siftom” has successfully passed testing in the accredited laboratory of the Institute of Road Research (Minsk) and in NIIZhB (Moscow).
Gomel Chemical Plant JSC has mastered its industrial production. The product has been successfully used for the anticorrosive protection of elements of bridge structures of the Belarusian rivers and the runway at the Minsk-2 airport. Systematic inspections of experimental sites showed that during operation, fractures and damages associated with exposure to unfavourable environmental factors are absent. A part of the impregnating compound "Sift" in the amount of 10 tons was used to process overpasses in Moscow.
- technology of dental materials
The compositions and technology for obtaining dental cements and other dental materials for various purposes have been developed including dental material "Super Gypsum-C ', intended for the manufacture of auxiliary and collapsible models in the manufacture of sintered and metal-acrylic prostheses for producing working models in prosthetics clasp and removable dentures with metal basis (Patent RB № 4173), dental cement, phosphate-based “Migrofa” (TU RB 02071837.002-96) polyalkenate restorative cement “Akvadent” (TU RB 500028540.004-2006), dental glass ionomer cements “endosomes” (TU RB 500028540.002-2005) and "AKB Forces "(RB patents № 6343, 6384) adapted for filling with the root canals. Composition and manufacturing techniques facing vitrocrystalline “Migrostek” material (TU 500028540.007-2010 RB)," Migrofil-M "(TU RB 500028540.011-2010) have been developed.
The production of all the above dental materials was organized at the Grodno Research and Design Institute of the Nitric Industry and Organic Synthesis Products (GIAP), which allowed satisfying the need for RB in them by 30%. Issued in accordance with the registration certificates of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus. The cost of created materials is 40-70% lower than the cost of imported analogues. Studies in the field of dental materials of the new generation are continuing.
- technology of hydrated silicate powders and materials based on them
In JSC “Domanovskiy PTK” the technology of obtaining nine-channel sodium metasilicate (TU RB 200101299.001-2007) was developed and introduced, which allowed Orsha Flax Factory to refuse from its import deliveries. At the same enterprise, a new technology of hydrated silicate powder (TU RB 100354659460-2006), with the participation of the Slovak company “Lukro”, with a capacity of 1650 tons per year, has been mastered.
- technology of expanding mineral additives for concretes and mortars with compensated shrinkage and self-stress
Together with RUE “BelNIIS”, the composition and technology of the expanding sulfoaluminous modifier (PCAM) for building materials was developed. The modifier is produced at the Petrykovsk claydite plant of JSC "Gomel DSK" and is used for obtaining dry construction mixtures for repair purposes.
So the main research trends are:
1. Complex processing of dolomite;
2. Development of dental cements;
3. Technology of hydrated silicate powders.
4. Energy- and resource- saving technology of autoclaved aerated concrete;
5. Technology of modifying sulpho-mineral additives for mortars and concretes;
6. Technology of impregnating compounds for concrete;
7. Development of chemical additives for technology of lime and cement.