The scientific school of the department was founded by Ivan Zharsky, PhD (Chemistry), Professor, Honored Rector of BSTU, Honored worker of public education of the Republic of Belarus, Head of the Department.
The main directions of scientific research:
- electrode processes at high anodic potentials, the anodic materials, the intensification of the electrode process, high temperature solid electrolytes; semiconducting materials with touch abilities;
- gas electron diffraction; microwave spectroscopy; hydrogen energy;
- development of new technological processes for electroplating metals and alloys with special properties, alloys;
- development of scientific bases for synthesis of new oxide materials to create effective electrocatalysts, composite and film electrodes with improved electrical characteristics;
- technology of industrial wastewater treatment of electroplating industries;
- methods of synthesis of thin-film semiconductor ceramics with sensor properties and creation of chemical sensor detectors based on it;
- study of physical and chemical regularities of creating heterogeneous catalysts for the synthesis of drugs and excipients for dispersions with electroporation structure based on a double silicon-containing nano oxides;
- preparation, modification, study of micro- and nanostructured semiconductors and other materials by chemical and electrochemical methods.
The Staff of the scientific school accounts 21 investigators, including:
1 D.Sc. (Murashkevich A. N.); 10 PhDs (Ivanov N. P., Bogomazova N. Oh. Chernik A. A., Matys V. G., Lugin V. G., Velikanova I. A., Kurilo I. I., Zhilinsky V. V., Kubrak p. B.); 13 young scientists under 35 years.
The main scientific results, the most significant implementations (with the indication of the place of implementation), the number of DScs and PhDs
The following technologies and methods were developed and approved in the appropriate order:
- The technology of electrochemical recovery of precious and non-ferrous metals from tin-lead solders and metal fractions of radioelectronic scrap, the technology of concentration of precious and non-ferrous metals from scrap and waste implemented in: UNI "Dragmet", NGO "Integral", RUE "Horizon", "MEMZ".
- The technology of production of corrosion-resistant zinc, nickel and copper coatings, and alloys based on them in the pulsed mode of electrolysis, the technology of production of composite nickel-diamond and nickel-iron-diamond coatings, which are implemented at НПООО "Sistema", JSC "Grodno-Azot".
- Methods of determining the components of galvanizing baths for the processes of galvanizing, chromium plating, electrochemical polishing, degreasing, etching, fluxing. Technological regulations of the above processes. These technologies are introduced at JSC "Grodno Azot".
- Studied the electrophysical properties of thin films based on oxides of a number of transition metals, in particular vanadium dioxide, developed a technique for obtaining structurally perfect stoichiometric films of vanadium dioxide, investigated the dependence of the properties of the films on the nature of the substrate, the conditions of ion-assisted deposition and oxidation, proposed a model of interaction of gas - solid for the studied structures.
- Conducted studies of the chemical and electrochemical behavior of snacks reaction of diamond synthesis in an acidic oxidizing environments (nitrate, chromic acid media, ozone), evaluated the influence of nature and concentration of oxidant on the rate of chemical and electrochemical oxidation of the metal components of the alloys, as well as the possibility of formation, the stability of various valence forms of the metals and the probability of changing the state of aggregation.
- The method for detecting gas mixtures and thin-film semiconductor gas sensor has been developed.
The obtained results were implemented in the educational process, course and diploma design performed at the Department.
In total, 1 DSc (Murashkevich A. N., 2005) and 14 PhDs have been trained within the framework of the scientific school:
- Shishkin N. I. (1983) – Zarsky I.M., Novikov G. I. being scientific advisers;
- Slesarenko O. A. (1988), Smosh N. L. (1991), Truong Dinh Mau (Republic of Vietnam) (1991), Ivanova N. P.(1990), Bogomazova N. In. (1995), Malevich, D. V. (1998), Chernik A. A. (2001), Matys V. G. (2005), Zarapin V. G. (2002), Lugin V. G. (2002), Velikanova I. A. (2008), Kurilo I. I. (2008), Žilina V. V. (2012), Kubrak P. B. (2013) – Zarsky I.M. being scientific supervisor.
Scientific publications in foreign journals
- Zhylinski V.V., Drozdovich V.B., Zhdanok S.A., Zharski I.M. Galvanoplazma synthesis of nanosize carbon materials in water solution of sulfuric acid and their properties. Carbon Nanotube (CNT)-Composites: 4th International Conference on Carbon Based Nanocomposites / Technische Universitat Hamburg-Hamburg. – Hamburg, 2009.
- Drozdovich V.B., Chayeuski V.V., Uglov V.V., Zhdanok S.A. Synthesis and Electrochemical Properties of the Combined Nanostructure PVD Coatings. Carbon Nanotube (CNT)-Composites: 4th International Conference on Carbon Based Nanocomposites / Technische Universitat Hamburg-Hamburg. – Hamburg, 2009.
- Zharski I.M., Shishkin N.Y., Cherkasov V.A., Kosov D.V., Bashkirov L.A. ORGANIC COMPOUNDS SELECTIVE VANADIUM OXIDES LAYERS SENSITIVE TO BENZALDEIIYDE AND TOLUENE 99-th International Meeting on Chemical Sensor. July 2002, Boston USA.
- Zharski I.M., Shishkin N.Y., Cherkasov V.A., Kosov D.V., Bashkirov L.A. LOW TEMPERATURE CO AND NO SENSITIVE TUNGSTEN OXIDE THIN FILM. 99-th International Meeting on Chemical Sensor. July 2002, Boston USA.
- Жарский И.М., Шишкин Н.Я., Лугин В.Г., Зарапин В.Г. Air sensitive tin dioxide thin films by magnetron sputtering and thermal oxidation technique. Sensors and Actuators. B. №48,1998, p. 403-408;
- Жарский И.М., Мурашкевич А.Н., Вашина В.Г. Synthesis of Active Porous Silica Gel Matrices and Investigation of Their Properties. J. Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2001, № 20, p.7-12;
- Жарский И.М., Прокопчук Н.Р., Крутько Э.Т., Мусави 3. Thermal decomposition of polypyrometilimide containing inorganic P,F,B Additive. International Conference on polymer characterization (Polychar-6). University of North Texas. Denton, USA. Program and Book of Abst.,1998, p.16;
- Жарский И.М., Прокопчук H.P., Крутько Э.Т., Мусави 3. Synthesis and properties of novel polyimide prepared by the 1,3-dipolar cycloadditive reaction. International Conference on polymer characterization (Polychar-6). University of North Texas. Denton, USA. Program and Book of Abst.,1998, p.16;
- Жарский И.М., Поплавский В.В., Матыс В.Г., Шнып B.A. Electrocatalytic Properties of Graphite Modified by Ion Assisted. 11-th Intern. Conf. on Ion Beam Modification of Materials, Amsterdam, 1998;
- Жарский И.М., Мурашкевич А.Н., Вашина B.F. Synthesis of active porous silicagel matrices and Investigation of their properties. J. Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2001, №20;
- Zharski I.M., Marsul V., Wienckowska E. Fermentaija jako przyklad wlasciwej gospodarki odchodami plynnymi w gospodarstwach. Ihzynieria srodowiska, Zeszyt №15, Bialystok, 2001;
- Жарский И.М., Поплавский В.В., Матыс B.T. Voltemmetric Analysis of Ion Assisted Deposited Coatings on Graphite. 14-th Intern. Vacuum Congress, Birmingham, 1998;
- Жарский И.М., Shishkin N.Y., Cherkasov V.A., Kosov D.V., Bashkirov L.A. LOW TEMPERATURE CO AND NO SENSITIVE TUNGSTEN OXIDE THIN FILM. 99-th International Meeting on Chemical Sensor. July 2002, Boston USA;
- Zharski I.M., Shishkin N.Y., Chеrkasov V.A., Kosov D.V., Bashkirov L.A. ORGANIC COMPOUNDS SELECTIVE VANADIUM OXIDES LAYERS SENSITIVE TO BENZALDEHYDE AND TOLUENE 99-th International Meeting on Chemical Sensor. July 2002, Boston USA;
- Zharski I.M., Poplavsky V.V., Matys V.G. Electrocatalytic Oxidatioh of Methanol on Porous Nickel Electrodes with platinum Coatings. Symposium FF Materials for Fuel Cells and Fuel Processors. - Boston, Ma., USA, 2002.
Public recognition of the scientific school.
- - Members of the scientific school have been awarded with different scientific awards (State, International, Academies, and Universities). Title and year of award: Prize of the Council of the special Fund of the Republic of Belarus for social support of students and research team “OZONE”, Chernik AA (2001);
- - Members of the scientific school have been awarded with medals and diplomas for scientific achievements. Title and year of award: Zharsky I. M. ‑ Order of Honor (2001), Order of Fatherland III degree (2008), Medal “20 years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945” (1965), Medal “65 years of liberation of the Republic of Belarus from Nazi invaders”, Diploma of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus (1994);
- Chernyak A. A. ‑ Diploma of the Ministry of education (2002), Diploma of the Belarusian state technological University (2005), diploma of The Ministry of education of the Republic of Belarus (2009);
- - Members of the scientific school have been awarded with honorary academic titles. Name and year of assignment:
- Zharsky I. M. ‑ Honored Worker of Public Education of Belarus (1994), Honorary Title “Man of the year” (American Biographical Institute 1996 and 2002), Representation in the International Directory "Who is Who" of the American Biographical Institute (2002), Vice-President (academician) of the International Academy of Technical Education, academician of the International Environmental Academy, academician of the International Academy of Organizational and Managerial Sciences, corresponding member of the Belarusian Academy of Education.
Scientific and technical designs:
- • Anode for electrochemical processes;
- • Technology of nickel-diamond coating deposition, using pulse electrolysis;
- • Solution for depositing black nickel coatings on metal products;
- • Semiconductor gas sensors;
- • High concentration ozone production technology;
- • Technology of preparing paper filler based on silica gel - waste of fluoride salts production;
- • Electrode materials for electrolytic hydrogen production;
- • Electrochemical technology of reversible hydrogen accumulation by activated nano-carbon materials in acidic and alkaline media;
- • Electrocatalytic materials for chloride solution electrolysis.