General Information. The Department of Processes and Apparatus of Chemical Production was founded in 1965 as the result of the range of chemical-engineering specialties expansion at the Institute and students number growth. The Head of the Department is Levdanski A.E., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor. Educational process at the department is provided by the qualified staff, including 3 Doctors of Technical Sciences and 7 Candidates of Technical Sciences.
Academic Activities. The Department provides training for the students of the Organic Substances Technology Faculty, the Chemical Technology and Engineering Faculty, the Economic Engineering Faculty, the Forestry Engineering and Wood Technology Faculty and Correspondence Faculty. The Department trains students in 14 specialities. Within the specified direction students study Processes and Apparatus of Chemical Technology, Technological Processes and Apparatus, Processes and Apparatus of Chemical Productions. Progressive training techniques including computer technologies and modern training devices are applied in teaching process.
The Department participates in specialists’ retraining and qualification upgrade. Graduates may continue their studies at the master’s and post-graduate courses.
Facilities. The Department provides all facilities for a profound practical training. It includes a research and development laboratory, a workshop and 4 laboratories:
- Laboratory of Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines;
- Laboratory of Hydrodynamic Processes of Heterogeneous System Division;
- Laboratory of Thermal Processes;
- Laboratory of Mass-exchanging Processes.
Modern unique equipment is applied in the laboratories, namely: aerosol analyzer SINTTROL S 304; analytical diffusion machine Retch AS 200 Comfort.
When carrying out laboratory studies functioning models of industrial equipment are employed, such as the devices for filtration, evaporation, absorption, rectification and adsorption processes study.
Research. The scientific school has been formed for more than 45 years of the department experience, the main directions of which are:
- scientific, pedagogical and research specialists training in chemical and technical engineering as well as the design specialists training in chemical technology and mechanics for chemical industry and allied spheres of production;
- scientific feasibility of technological processes and moving phenomena intensification with hydrodynamic methods when phases interaction in homogeneous and heterogeneous atmospheres;
- high-speed and energy saving devices construction to carry out processes of absorption, evaporation, rectification, separation, extraction, with engineering methods of analysis development.
Scientific and scientific-pedagogical specialists’ training was successfully performed at the same time. Four doctoral theses and more than twenty Candidate’s dissertations were defended within school.
Nowadays the staff of the scientific school pays much attention to the research and development works aimed at the low-waste technologies creation (resource – saving) as well as power inputs lowering in chemical industry and allied spheres of production.