General Information. The graduation Department of Game Management was formed in 2009 on the basis of the Department of Silviculture. Head of the Department is Alexander Kozorez, PhD (Agriculture).
Specialities and Specializations. The Department trains specialists in specialities: “Forestry” (specialization “Hunting Control and Accessory Forest Utilization”), “Landscape Architecture”, “Tourism and Nature Management”.
Academic Activities. The teaching staff of the Department deliver courses of lectures on the following problems: ecology with principles of meteorology, biology of forest animals and birds, hunting science, hunting control and accessory forest utilization.
Information technologies with the use of multimedia complexes are widely used in delivering lectures, applied computer programs are used at practical (laboratory) classes. Subject contests on hunting science are regularly held.
The Department is provided with 4 study rooms:
- hunting science;
- training shooting-gallery;
- ecology and meteorology;
- museum of nature.
There are collections of wild animals and birds (including about 130 species), 15 stands of visual teaching aids, microscopes, training guns, various meteorological devices.
The students of the Department obtain practical training during educational practices at the Forestry hunting experimental station (23000 ha) and during industrial practices at leading hunting enterprises (farms) of the country: National Park “Belovezhskaya Pushcha”, experimental forest hunting farms “Lyaskovichi”, “Vygonovskoye”, “Teterinskoye”, “Barsuki”, forest hunting enterprises of the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus.
The objects of graduate professional activities comprise forests and hunting game resources, natural renewable resources, hunting lands, technological processes of hunting game and reproduction of hunting animals, organizational and management processes.
Forms (types) of professional activities are: organizational-technological, production-administrative, scientific-research, protective-reproductive, design-forecasting, consulting and others, all of them allowing to apply the obtained knowledge.
Graduate Professional Employment:
- organization and management of the entire complex of production activities in the hunting enterprise (farm);
- execution of the function of state wildlife protection;
- supervision over the hunting fauna conditions, provision of rational utilization of wildlife resources;
- development of plans and projects for organization and running the hunting enterprise (farm);
- development and registration of normative (regulatory) papers on organization and performance of hunting activities;
- control over quality and observance of normative requirements at performing hunting activities;
- development of measures to increase hunting enterprise (farm) productivity, improvement of the personnel labour organization, labour protection, industrial sanitary, fire protection, life safety.
Student Research and Development Work. The students of the Department participate in the student scientific-practical association “Modern Hunting Science” and the student squad on nature protection (the volunteer squad was formed in 1974). The most active participants of the squad are students trained in specialization “Hunting Control and Accessory Forest Utilization”. The main directions of their activities are – spot-checks (swoops) on hunting lands protection, participation in wildlife inventory, performance of biotechnological surveys, participation in conferences, meetings with famous specialists in the sphere of hunting industry.
Tel.: +375 17 321 22 97
E-mail: [email protected]