The Department of Oil and Gas Processing and Petrochemistry performs research in the following scientific fields:
· Development of modifying additives for the intensification of primary and secondary refining of petroleum and petroleum products.
· Biofuels production.
· Recycling rubber waste.
· Synthesis and study of the properties of organometallic frameworks.
· Synthesis of vulcanizing agents and stabilizers for tire rubber
· Synthesis and study of the properties of uralkyd oligomers.
The Department of Oil and Gas Processing and Petrochemistry is equipped with modern facilities necessary for research and testing of petroleum products, organic synthesis products.
· Chemical laboratory reactor with a Rexo CS-2000 stirrer;
· Laboratory Autoclave Parr 4843;
· Fourier transform infrared spectrometer FSP 1202;
· Gas chromatograph Hromatek Crystal 5000;
· IKA C200 calorimeter;
· Viscometer Brookfield DV-II + Pro;
· Digital thermostat Brookfield TC-102;
· Flow cooler Brookfield TC-351;
· Precision thermostat LTN-03;
· Vacuum system Vacuubrand PC-3003 Vario;
· The furnace tube SNOL 0.2 / 1250;
· Equipment for the analysis of petroleum products;
· Equipment for testing petroleum bitumen;
· General laboratory equipment.
The department staff has published over 500 articles in specialized scientific journals, also there is a number of monographs and textbooks, patents for inventions.
The results of scientific work are constantly presented at conferences of various levels, forums, exhibitions and congresses.