Director - Valery Lugin, PhD (Engineering), assistant professor
Contact: + 375 17 327 81 32
The Centre of Physical and Chemical Investigation Methods specializes in research and investigation of structure, chemical composition, properties, physicochemical properties and characteristics of a wide range of materials, natural and synthetic objects, individual substances and complicated chemical compounds.
Facilities: The Centre of Physical and Chemical Investigation Methods is equipped with modern research apparatus and devices of the world's best manufacturers of analytical equipment such as: Bruker AXS Gmbh (Germany), Hewlett Packard (USA), JEOL Ltd. (Japan), Mettler Toledo (Switzerland), Quantachrome Corp. (USA), Shimadzu (Japan), Thermo Nicolet (USA), Waters Corp. (USA), PANalytical (Netherlands), GBC Scientific (Australia).
This equipment is used by highly qualified specialists. The scope of research methods used in the laboratories makes it possible to study complex objects and to solve urgent scientific problems.
The following methods of investigation are applied in the Centre of Physical and Chemical Investigation Methods:
- absolute molecular weight determination by static light scattering;
- atomic-absorption spectroscopy;
- high performance liquid chromatography and mass-spectroscopy;
- gas chromatography;
- FT-IR spectroscopy and Microscopy;
- investigation of the surface area and porosity;
- transmission electron microscope;
- particle size determination by photon correlation spectroscopy;
- scanning electron microscope with chemical microanalysis;
- thermo gravimetric analysis and differential scanning calorimetry;
- zeta-potential determination by electrophoretic light scattering;
- X-ray diffraction analysis;
- X-ray fluorescence element analysis.